Flood damage claim
This year has seen most of the UK being affected by floods, with some of the worst flooding happening in Cumbria and Lancashire. This has resulted in incidents of flood damage claim by businesses.
With more than five and a half million properties in England and Wales being deemed to be at risk from flooding, it’s essential to have measures in place to limit the devastating damage flood waters can have on commercial businesses.
The Environment Agency lists a number of ways to make your home “flood resilient”, which will limit the damage and allow owners to return to their commercial properties as quickly as possible;
- Raising electrical sockets, fuse boxes and wiring to at least 1.5m (5ft) above floor level
- In kitchens and bathrooms, use water-resistant materials, such as stainless steel, plastic or solid wood rather than chipboard
- Use tiled flooring with rugs, rather than fitted carpets
- Fix TVs and other electrical entertainment devices to the wall at least 1.5m off the floor
- Put valuable or irreplaceable items on high-mounted shelves
If your business does suffer from flooding and you require assistance with your flood damage claim, then I Am Claims Consultants are here to help you.
Let us take care of everything, not only will we handle your flood insurance claim from start to finish but we can arrange salvaging damaged contents, arrange building repairs and help provide stability and stress relief for when you need it the most.
Everyone thinks it will never happen to me, but when it does I Am Claims are here to help. Call us on our 24 hour emergency number 01282 452240 and we will meet you to evaluate your claim without obligation. We operate on a no win, no fee basis and our fees are purely success based on a percentage of what we recover for you.
Our mission is to provide peace of mind with a “friendly,” “supportive,” and “professional” approach to managing your claim.